DragSource/DropTarget ZIndex

Mar 23, 2009 at 7:42 PM
KevD,

First of all, I wanted to tell you that you did a fantastic job with this framework - it's pretty darn elegant, extensible, and lightweight. So kudos for the great work.  Now onto business :-).

I've been banging my head against the desk for a couple days due to what I think might be a bug. Run the sample application provided in the release and go to behavior #0. If you drag DragSource1 to the left column and drop it in a DropTarget and then drag it back to the original DropTarget you'll notice the DragSource displays beneath the DropTarget.

I've tried to set the ZIndex for DragSource and DropTarget everywhere (Content and Ghost XAML files as well as the code files for DragSource and DropTarget) but have not been able to correct this problem. Is there something simple I can do to ensure the DragSource always displays on top of the DropTargets?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Ryan
Mar 26, 2009 at 4:13 AM
I had this same problem. I noticed that this happened when the DropTarget was on a different Grid than the DragSource. You could try putting them on the same Container if that's the case for you.
Apr 21, 2009 at 11:18 PM
Has anyone a solution to this? I find my self trying with a popup control that vill stay on top of all, but getting nowere. I would really appriciate if anyone has a solution to post it here. 

Thank for a grate framework, lovin it!

/hannes
Apr 22, 2009 at 2:05 PM
I never found a solution. One of my coworkers suggested removing and readding the dragable item from the visual tree so it would be the very last item added. Luckily, I have access to the RAD Controls for Silverlight from Telerik and have switched to using their drag and drop manager.
Coordinator
Apr 22, 2009 at 4:54 PM
Hello,

this is indeed an issue with the current release, but it has been solved in the next one - should be released tomorrow or the day after!